Tuesday, 14 June 2011

SOUP - 100% FAT FREE

I didnt think that I was going to do "cookings stuff" but I went to make my parents a fat free soup earlier - feeling bad for my dad who is being forced to eat greens only during the in-between meals...
i hate it when they "diet" - no yummy treats in the house!! thats why i bake so much...lol
but dont worry give it a week - make that 2 days - until the folks realise that a good waist line isnt worth saying not to a good chocolate brownie (or 8)....

So as I was saying today I will show y'all how to make 100% fat free and shockingly enough its also 100% delicious soup! Having said that you should know that I'm not the type of girl who likes all soup - I'm pretty fussy - only chicken soup, mushroom soup and this soup - for me so its gotta be pretty OK at least!

And as promised photos throughout for a step by step "tutorial" on how to make this... i dont know what to call it...butternut? sweet potato? onion? carrot? soup it has all that in so??? any ideas? i guess for now we'll call it orangey soup (its orange in colour) doesnt sound so appealing so any name suggestions will be appreciated!

OK step 1:
Get together the ingredients...



Carrots
Sweet potato
Butternet
Onion
Broth/ Hot water mixed with soup mix until it tastes right...

any amounts will do - depending on taste preferences..this is what i used

so cut up all your veg...
.
















first fry the onions in a bit of oil










add the veg to the pot

cover veg with the broth and add any spice. Cover the pot and leave to simmer












anyway when you are done (i.e the veg is all soft and cooked) you use a hand mixer? blender? again im stuck for words - at home we just call it a jujjer lol....

for a professional finish pour on some cream and sprinkle some croutons over...
I will get a photo of my finished product although i think we are out of cream so might be missing that...

COME BACK SOON BECAUSE NEXT TIME WE'LL BE MAKING CHOCOLATE MINT BROWNIES (YUM!) heres a photo of one we have left in the freezer - it freezes well but looks so much better fresh...

No comments:

Post a Comment